Job Title: AV Engineer
Area: London & South
Scope and Purpose of the Job
To provide maintenance and installation services in support of Recording Equipment contract, primarily within the designated Area, including first line Technical Support where required.
To provide an on-site installation, commissioning and maintenance service to other customers as may be required.
To fulfil duties and responsibilities in accordance with the Staff Handbook and specifically complete all records (installation and service events) in a timely manner.
There are no managerial or financial responsibilities.
- To communicate professionally and positively in order to help generate a strong and loyal working relationship with HM Courts & Tribunal Service staff.
- To provide a positive image with all customers at all times in order to build trust and loyalty.
- To undertake remote 1st and 2nd line service calls, e.g. telephone diagnosis, in order to minimise any service disruption and service resolution times.
- To attend maintenance and emergency calls to diagnose and rectify faults, and to test repairs to return the system to full working order in such a manner that re-visits are avoided.
- To install and assist in the upgrade of Audio-Visual Systems, including setting up of Mixers, Amplifiers, Infrared, Cabling, and Microphones to supplier and customer specification to meet customer expectations.
- To commission and certify the installation work is completed to a satisfactory standard.
- To adhere to the company’s ISO Processes & Procedures and ensure that the correct administration and paperwork is completed for the purposes of recording call history, technical analysis, and management planning.
Technical / Personal Specification
- Must be skilled in customer service techniques such that every interaction with a customer is conducted in a courteous, friendly and positive way with a genuine show of interest for the customer.
- At least 3 years relevant experience within a similar company or industry. Technically competent and confident in all products in the specified product range with an in-depth knowledge of one major product line.
- Educated to at least GCSE level and preferably holding a recognised professional qualification or certified apprenticeship scheme.
- Good communication skills, both written and oral. Able to deal effectively with people at all levels and to explain technical issues to customers.
- PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations. Good level of organisational and time management skills.
We are always keen to hear from people who have a passion for technology, so please contact us via email@example.com and detail your interest in AV – hopefully, you could join our expanding team.