Application Support Engineer
Scope and Purpose of the Role
- To develop a detailed understanding of bespoke AV applications; contributing to comprehensive product testing and provide technical user assistance (remote & on-site).
- Capability to develop on AV Networking, DSP configuration & AV Control system technologies to provide 2nd line configuration and client support.
- Develop application documentation to increase Client understanding to maximise customer satisfaction, and to share knowledge in-house.
- Client Advice: To understand, in order to communicate, how all our key products are implemented and function; initially focusing on hybrid conferencing solutions within local government environments.
- Technical Support: To offer clients remote and onsite operation & 2nd line technical support in a professional manner. When required, assisting VP-AV Field Service Engineers.
- Customer Engagement:
a. To contribute to end user technical training sessions. Focusing on to predetermined key deliverables within complex projects.
b. To contribute to training materials and demonstrate how users can get the most out AV applications whilst accentuating the operational simplicity.
- Technical configuration: To assist in-house technical departments with configuration of equipment, initially focusing on hybrid communication software & AV Networking
- Technical Analysis:
a. Remote and onsite technical analysis for customer service requests, offering clients a key list of technical evaluation, actions, and solutions.
b. To offer internal technical analysis assistance through qualitative findings to the technical department.
Technical / Personal Specification
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, to deal effectively with people at all levels (including those with little technical knowledge), to explain technical issues to customers in a language they can relate to.
- Some out of hours (early evenings work will be required on a scheduled basis)
- PC literate and competent with Windows OS and Microsoft 365 packages.
- Must have a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Have an understanding of IP communications technologies, with previous experience in the AV/IT industry; preferably holding a degree or recognised professional qualification or certified apprenticeship scheme.
- Able to work under pressure and remain calm when faced with unexpected or stressful situations. Able to work independently which requires a good level of organisational and time management skills.
- Car owner with full UK driving license (car scheme available).
- Willing to be security cleared as required in order to support customer contracts.
We are always keen to hear from people who have a passion for technology, so please contact us via email@example.com and detail your interest in AV – hopefully, you could join our expanding team.