Scope and Purpose of the Role
Working closely with and independently from their line manager, the Account Executive will help to generate sales opportunities and maximise conversion to achieve agreed sales targets through:
- Maintaining a constructive and professional relationship with existing customers
- Pro-actively prospect and market using traditional and digital marketing tools
- Issuing accurate and informative briefs and quotations, in a timely manner
- Following up quotations and closing the sale
- To communicate professionally and positively to generate a strong working relationship with customers.
- To learn and understand core product technical features and functions so relevant information can be communicated to non-technical customers and products demonstrated.
- Ensure customer enquiries and quotations are responded to and followed up.
- Pro-actively contact new and existing customers to promote new products/campaigns.
- To provide relevant, informative, accurate product information in a user-friendly manner (converting technical speak into understandable language) to help create compelling sales arguments (“why buy this and why buy from us”).
- To assist with the writing and completion of tender and supportive documentation.
- To produce accurate quotations based on Line Manager and Technical Support guidance, in a timely manner.
- To chase purchase orders so that we have sufficient time to meet agreed implementation dates.
Issue sales pipeline reports and forecasts in a reliable and timely manner. Play an active role in building sales
Technical / Personal Specification
- Must be able to communicate, with people at all levels, in a courteous, friendly and positive way, both verbally and via the written word.
- Attention to detail is a must-have skill.
- The person must be technically competent and capable of learning and understanding the audio and visual products being sold. Technical and sale training will be provided.
- PC literate with a logical, analytical approach to problem solving.
- Customer-facing experience is essential
- Educated to at least A levels, with good Microsoft Office skills and excellent English writing (for proposal writing)
- Good level of organisational and time management skills; self-motivation and good energy levels are important.
This role involves some working from home by mainly working from our Andover office. The successful candidate will also be expected at times to partake in promotional work throughout the UK.
We are always keen to hear from people who have a passion for technology, so please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and detail your interest in AV – hopefully, you could join our expanding team.